- List Price$99.00
- AudioDeluxe Discount-$50.00
- Electronic DeliveryFree!
- Regular Price$49.00
Hark back to the heyday of classic rock and one instrument stands above the rest, a 350lb behemoth that would forever change the way we think about making music. At the heart of this monster was an array of tape machines, one per note on the attached keyboard, each playing a uniquely recorded sound. With only 8 seconds of tape per key and a cumbersome frame this machine had its limitations but was nonetheless impressive for its time, boasting a multitimbral and truly polyphonic 'engine'. Instantly made famous by the Beatles hit 'Strawberry Fields Forever' and used by countless others including The Moody Blues, Rolling Stones, and prog rock legends Yes, this was the 'must-have' sound of the 60's. While its use fell out of fashion the implications it made have become fundamental to modern music production.
With Mello we've aimed to deliver a complete and authentic recreation of this prolific instrument. Dozens of original tapes were multi-sampled on 3 different machines in order to give you the best representation of each of the 28 available sounds. To capture the live experience the key noise and inner mechanical sounds were stereo recorded, including tape noise and key-off sounds, and are all mixable to taste.
To make Mello even more versatile we've added a few tricks of our own, including an analog-modeled tape delay, reverb, a custom unison mode to give you stereo sound without unwanted transposition or chorusing, a switchable multimode filter, a 3-band EQ and more.
Mello delivers a warm and buttery tone indistinguishable from the original and is, in every way we could make it, a perfect tribute to the quintessential studio instrument of the 60's.
- Pristine and comprehensive sample library from 3 original machines
- Mixable key and mechanical noise for authentic experience
- Switchable keyboard range (original or extended)
- Stereo modes including custom unison
- Switchable multimode filter with cutoff and resonance
- ADSR envelopes for amplitude and filter with velocity sensitivity
- 3-band EQ with sweepable mid frequency
- Built-in SparkVerb
- Analog-modeled tape delay
- Size : 1.7 GB library
- Collection : A perfect tribute to the quintessential studio instrument of the 60's
- Content : 12 presets, 28 sounds, 2,000+ samples
- Sample Resolution : 44.1 kHz. Recording at 96 kHz.
- Miscellaneous : Requires an iLok key and an iLok account
- Falcon: Audio Units, AAX, VST, Stand-alone
- UVI Workstation: Audio Units, AAX, VST, Stand-alone
- Sparkverb & Relayer: Audio Units, AAX, VST
- Mac OS X 10.7 and higher (32 and 64-bit) - (OS X 10.11 El Capitan supported)
- Windows 7 and higher (32 and 64-bit) - (Windows 10 supported)
- Important note: Falcon is 64-bit only
- Hard Drive: 7 200 rpm recommended or Solid State Drive (SSD)
- 4GB RAM (8GB+ highly recommended)
- FREE iLok account - not necessarily an iLok dongle, just a free account
- Internet connection for the license activation
- Falcon or UVI Workstation to run libraries
PLEASE NOTE: Although the processing of electronically delivered orders is typically lightning fast…it is not an automated process. Please understand that if purchasing outside of regular business hours there may be some delay (hey, we need our sleep too!).