Softube Trident A-Range EQ
- List Price$219.99
- AudioDeluxe Discount-$120.00
- Electronic DeliveryFree!
- Regular Price$99.99
The Trident A-Range is a legendary piece of equipment. As only thirteen A-Range consoles were ever made, it remains a holy grail for sound engineers and producers around the world that hope to create works of art equal to those that were originally recorded on the A-Range — David Bowie's Ziggy Stardust, Queen, Elton John, the list goes on...
The A-Range plug-in from Softube is the first and only native and TDM plug-in that has been fully endorsed by original designer Malcolm Toft and Trident Audio.
The plug-in is a model of a channel on one of the original 13 Trident A-Range consoles. We chose to model channel 15 from the console at Sweet Silence Studio 'B' in Denmark, producer Flemming Rasmussen's favorite channel for recording lead vocals. Flemming also used it for the solo and rhythm guitars on Metallica's "Ride The Lightning" and "Master of Puppets", and Ritchie Blackmore's guitar on the Rainbow albums "Difficult to Cure" and "Bent out of Shape".
The A-Range channel features four bands of equalization and high and low pass filters. The sound of the bands is often referred to as "colorful" and "musical". When running a hot enough signal through the original unit and boosting the bands, it is possible to get it to distort, the result is a hairy and effective saturation that is just right in some situations, and just wrong in others!
- Created together with original designer Malcolm Toft
- Each and every component carefully modeled
- Same sweet sounding EQ filters that made the original legendary
- Interaction between the different bands, making this equalizer one of its kind
- Saturation control
- Very CPU friendly
Version 2.0 of the Softube plug-ins have the following minimum requirements.
All Native Versions
- Mac OS X 10.6, 10.7 or 10.8, with the latest updates.
- Windows 8, Windows 7 (latest Service Pack, 32/64 Bit)
- Intel Core Duo, AMD Athlon 64 X2 or newer
- Screen resolution larger than 1280x800
- Any VST, VST3, AU, RTAS (Pro Tools 9) or AAX (Pro Tools 10.3.7, 11.0.2 or higher) compatible host application
- Free iLok account for Authorization. You can use machine authorization via iLok.com or authorize using your iLok USB key. Use the latest iLok License Manager (download them from www.ilok.com)
- Broadband internet access for downloading installer and register licenses.
All Softube plug-ins support both 32- and 64-bit hosts and operating systems. Supported sample rates: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4 and 192 kHz, in both mono and stereo.
Please, make sure that you always use the latest iLok License Manager. It is not included in the Softube installer, but can be downloaded from www.ilok.com.
AAX DSP version
- All available AAX-DSP versions are included in the Native license. You do not need to buy the TDM version in order to use the AAX-DSP version.
- For AAX DSP you need to meet the requirements for the Native version. You also need to have an Avid HDX processing card.
- Different plug-ins will have a different load on your HDX card.
PLEASE NOTE: Although the processing of electronically delivered orders is typically lightning fast…it is not an automated process. Please understand that if purchasing outside of regular business hours there may be some delay (hey, we need our sleep too!).